Apartment Advantages & Disadvantages
1. On the beach.
2. On the beach.
3. On the beach.
4. Affordable rent.
5. Roommate seems relatively chill (yoga instructor and esthetician). She is also older than me and seems financially responsible.
6. Month-to-month lease
7. Move-in date works perfectly with my schedule
8. Fully furnished. Won’t have to Craigslist a bunch of furniture and appliances
9. In one of the nicest parts of town
1. No overnight guests. Um. This is problematic. I’m not some 18-year-old-college-freshman-who-can’t-handle-her-one-night-stands nor do I have a moocher boyfriend who intends to crash on my couch. What’s the point of having my own place if I can’t have people over?
2. One bathroom. I’m as low-maintenance as it gets, but…?
3. Fully furnished. Won’t feel like home. May just feel like a guest in someone’s residence. Can’t bring my bed or any of that.
4. No parking. In a metropolitan city.
5. Age difference- Roommate is at least 10-15 years older than me (I didn’t want to ask).
If I’ve learned anything in this process called recovery, it’s that my intuition is right. And as much as I’m trying to convince myself that this is the right home, something feels off. I know these concerns are valid. I know my needs are not too demanding. It’s just like dating- don’t settle for less than what you can deserve (or in this case, afford).